Wednesday, November 11, 2015

She's a Maniac!

Over at EIM the theme this week is "Nymph." Unlike many weeks this past year, I was not at a complete loss as to what to do. However, I learned that there is a tangle called, "Nymph," by Melinda Barlow that I'd not seen before (or was blissfully unawares).
If you have been here before, you may recognize my discontent with patterns featuring triangles.
UGH.
But, I will NOT be defeated!
And as my procrastinator self loves a good distraction; I dove right in!
Nymph Bijoux

Nymphie Twinchies and Zinchies, oh my!
on Waffle box paperboard

Then I pulled out a box of Staedtler Karat Aquarelle, which up to now I had not opened. 
Little did I know what I've been missing!

Nymph
Mixed-Media Fridge Magnets
Aquarelle, Sharpie, Perle Cotton and Sequins
Whew! I even made a French knot with some antique Perle cotton from my Nanna's stash. I could hardly contain myself. That's when I started singing the disco song from "Flashdance," which started out more from the Nymph side of things than the mania. 
Think about it. Uh huh.
But I digress. This is a (mostly) family-oriented venue, after all.

Where were we? Oh, yeah....
I wanted to see what these Nymphs could do in a more traditional setting, so this came about:

Nymph
Before Shading

Nymph
After Shading

Which do you prefer?

Along the way I saw samples of this week's Diva Challenge focusing on simplicity, or at least giving tangles some space to breathe. I enjoy Laura's challenges, but I had not done one in a bit.
So you get this:

Simple Flower
Free!
Totally unadorned, I want you to have this to do with it as you like. If you do decide to use this, please do me two favors: 1) credit me for drawing this simple pattern in the first place and 2) show me what you did with it by link or attachment to:
1xeritas@gmail.com
I'd love to see what, if anything, happens with it!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a brilliant day! 

14 comments:

  1. my you really have nymphed-it-up! very pretty tangles I like what you have done with colour. well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Kia! I might have gotten carried away, but I had fun! Glad you like my take in colours, I don't do that very often and that was new and different. c

      Delete
  2. Just love all your tangles this week. The nymph tangle lends itself to some lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Wendy! I liked working with the Nymphs as long as I got the triangles "squared" away, hardeeharhar. c

      Delete
  3. Your tangling littlies are back! Shading, definitely. Love your Diva tile - what a top idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Zoe! Yeah, I've not done the zinchies in a bit. I did some "organizing" and can't find them--isn't that how it goes?! Glad you like my variations! c

      Delete
  4. Love this, so much detail. I love the shading alot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Freebird! I thought maybe I went overboard on the shading, you know? But, it definitely is more dramatic that way. c

      Delete
  5. I'm a Diva Challenge enthusiast, but I enjoyed seeing everything you posted on the way to your Diva Challenge tile. Nymph is a new tangle for me, so I learned something. I admit that it is tempting to want to tangle your Diva Challenge "blank" flower, but in the spirit of the challenge, it stands just fine on its own too. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Suzanne! Glad I shared something new and different for you; there's so many things "out there" that's it's fun to stumble upon goodies, isn't it? c

      Delete
  6. Diva tile is wonderful and so fun and delightful to see your Maniac Nymph tiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lady Kate, I am pleased you liked my work! Definitely maniacal! c

      Delete
  7. What fun you had with Nymph! I think of it as 'Nzepple filled in. Everyone is such enablers and I had to go look up the Staedtler Karat Aquarelle that you used. They are now on my expanding wish list...thanks LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be able to pass along new goodies for your wish list! Let me know if I can help out more that way! Gift-mas is coming,ho-ho-ho! Those crayons have been just begging to be used and this seemed like a welcome opportunity to try them. Thank you so much for turning me on to this pattern, I obviously had a lot of fun with it! c

      Delete