Monday, February 2, 2015

Groundhog Day

I know for some people that Groundhog Day is bittersweet. Finding out there's plenty of winter left can only lead to trouble. It's a big reason I moved to Arizona (and come to find out, it's a dry cold and can be downright frosty!).
For me, it was my Pop-pops birthday and he loved me so, as only grandfathers can. So, HB, Pops! (I think he'd be 111, but he's been gone a long time).
I went straight to the Diva first thing this morning after coffee. I didn't know what I was going to do with the tangle, "Athitzi," by Eleanor Holt, but I went to her blog and there were a lot of spirals, so I went with that. It fit perfectly into my new plan to draw out as many tangle patterns as I can on inchies.
I don't know, but if you're like me you can't keep these things straight. There are so many patterns to choose from! I'm starting to create a collection of tangles so, perhaps, I can see at a glance something I'd like to work with. Or, just get the brain going...you know what I mean?
The plan is to just do one-a-day. That can't be so hard, can it? Here's my first bunch:


I spent a good part of the weekend planning out our very first home remodeling project. Our house is a vintage 1970's mobile home and needs some serious updating. What it really needs are places to put stuff and the first place that we're tackling is the dining area, which will eventually be more kitchen than dining. After many visits to the Home Depot and Lowe's, I kind of drew out the plan for this section on a note pad, inchie-sized. Thus, this is my contribution to this week's Inchie Challenge. (Check them out, there's some great talent! Join the fun!):


I still haven't done last week's inchie, but I'm almost caught up for January. Meanwhile, one inchie a day!





30 comments:

  1. These are lovely inchies! I thing your Athitzi spiral looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ilse. I appreciate you taking the time to look. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  2. Lovely work. Glad you have made room for the vine in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kia! Of course the first thing to be done to the house is to put in a bar! Considering the projects before us, there's no way I'm not doing the reno's without grapes! Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  3. Great artwork on the inches and wonderful kitchen plan

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrissie! It'll be fun to work on the kitchen. Riiiight!? Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  4. I love your tiny Zens and a tiny new kitchen, well, what could be better? I hope it turns out just the way you envision it. (And, what's with this weather anyway? Where's my sun and heat?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you, Jean, but I'm not tempting fate asking where the heat is in Arizona. Summer will be here in all it's glory soon enough, don't you think? Glad you liked the work. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  5. I love your idea of an inchie tangle a day...and now your already set for six days :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne! I managed to do a week's worth so far, so good! Glad you like it. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  6. Totally adore your inchie! What a great idea. And what can I say about the inchies - I love Zentangle, I love tiny formats, the whole idea is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe! i don't know what it is about these things, but they are soooo cute! And so far, easy enough to do. We'll see where I am in another week, next month...! Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  7. I love the inchie! Great job, I am hoping to finish my current reno this year. This house is old, and needs lots of work. I do hope to tackle the Kitchen next year, lol great work on the zias as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kindnesses, Freebird! There is nothing quite like a house reno to get the creative juices flowing; especially on an older home. Hope all goes well with yours, too. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  8. great idea, putting a pattern on an inchie! My new way of (sort of) keeping track of the many patterns, I got from David Hunter: put them in the back of my sketchbook. I trace my bijou template (that also came from David) several times on a page, and put the steps in there (if needed) Or just samples of the patterns, like you have on your inchies.
    It's nice to know right where to flip to get ideas or remember how to do one.
    These are delightful, too! Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing a good plan for tangles, HeidiSue. I use the back of my book for web pages, blogs and books; a new-fangled bibliography for the editor in me. Glad you liked the work. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  9. I have done a few tangles on inchies also. I, don't know if I'm quite as ambitious as you on that one. The ones you've shown are well done. I like your inchie kitchen plan also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, JL. It's a plan, anyway; we'll see how successful it is. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  10. Your post is a gentle reminder that I need to figure out how to keep track of the tangles I'm learning. For some I need the step outs on hand. For others, I can remember the steps just by having my mind jogged by the tangle itself. I'm impressed that you have jumped in and gotten started on the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne! I had to do something a little visual and a little all in one place. It also helps to give me an idea on density/contrast as I have a tendency to stick with lines. The result is everything looks the same. I hope to be able to mix it up! Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks for looking, Meghna! Glad you liked them enough to offer positive commentary. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  12. I do like your spiral. I also like this idea to make little cards with tangles, to be honest I was thinking about something like that last week myself. Now I have some binders with printed tangles, but the cards are easier to grab I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. So far it's just a box of little squares, but I had to start somewhere! Glad you liked my idea. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  13. Great inchies, the tangles are a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wendy! I think it'll keep me busy for awhile. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  14. Want to say hello to you and thanks for your post in my blog :-)
    Good idea to make tangle-inchies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, Sandra. Glad you like my idea. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  15. Cute kitchen & some cool patterns :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sally. Glad you like my art attempts. And for sure, the kitchen isn't going to get done without that wine chiller! Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete