Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Space Odyssey

I hope you didn't miss me too much or worry that I'd fallen from this planet. I kind of took a necessary technology vacation, unplug for a good week. You ever do that?
Not that I was sitting still. There was the pool to open and the citrus need to be fed this time of year, time consuming projects both. No idle hands here! (And good therapy for my recovering hand).
So I didn't really get to the various design challenges, either. Time to refocus and get caught up to date!

I have some pretty pictures to share for the TwobyTwo. I've also been doing some much-needed organizing and found my daughter's baby blanket that my mom stitched for her. If you've been around, you know my daughter works, goes to school, has a serious boyfriend...you get the idea. It's been a long time since she's been a baby.


   
The second one is part of my receiving blanket. Yup, still got it, still in great shape. It can't be more than thirty years old, right?
You can stop laughing now.
I missed posting last week's EIM, button. I have a collection of vintage button cards on my nightstand, doesn't everybody? So here are some thirty-plus year old buttons:


This week's EIM is robot. If you're playing along with the galactic hitchhikers, the obvious choice is Marvin, but then there's Rosie from the Jetsons or B-9 from Lost in Space (you know? "Danger, Will Robinson!!"). I certainly can't go with something obvious, so while it's not really a robot, it is an intelligent non-human character:

Hal 9000
2001: A Space Odyssey
Two down, two to go...
The IAST this week played with flowers. It strayed into cartoony territory, but I like Zingers.

Say it with Flowers
Last weeks:
Cloud Nine
And the one before that. Since this also fits the Diva this week, I'm cheating and applying it there. (And yes, I used a pencil, so that's cheating, too!). I wasn't excited about it, but the woman next to me at the doctor's office waiting room thought this was an amazing design. The stippling kept me as busy as I needed to be for the waiting part.



The last one is last weeks Diva, bringing me up to date. I'll have to try these patterns again sometime. Like sometime I need to really sit still for a long while and focus. I don't think today is that kind of day. I might wander the weird wide web and see what the others are up to, though. I suggest you do, too! There is such an amazing amount of talent out there, and the ladies that come up with these challenges are quite devious, er, ah, dedicated.

Have a brilliant day, thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Humm, not much of a relaxing break if you went back and did everything you missed. Next time, just ignore the whole week and I'll bet you will keep that relaxed feeling a bit longer LOL! Nice pieces though. That Skye seemed to be a bit of an issue for most of us. I am very impressed at how many went for it anyway. That's the way to grow. I like your Hal too. I had forgotten about Hal. My pool is still too cold for me. Hopefully, with temps well over 100 for a few days, it will warm up enough for a wimp like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The OCD part of me would not let me skip last week. Having none of that. Im going to do them all this year. Now there's trouble right there. If it weren't for us having a vinyl above-ground there's no way we'd be swimming yet! We're weenies, too!

      Delete
  2. Glad you caught up and the baby blanket is beautiful, a true treasure! I love your buttons and Hal was not the nicest robot but a good choice none the less. the tangles are also awesome as usual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Free! Glad you like my treasures! c

      Delete
  3. You are very busy with your wonderful projects and I love the robot inchie idea

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! I love that "Skye".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind thoughts, Michele. c

      Delete
  5. hoped Hal would show up somewhere in our inchies~ well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia, you should have almost expected it here! c

      Delete
  6. One of the great things about tangling is that waits that would normally drive me around the bend (i.e. DMV, doctor's office, airport delays, looong haul airplane rides, being on terminal hold with the cable company) are now often a pleasant interlude. I am even sometimes disappointed if I don't have to wait long enough to get some serious tangling time. If this was an episode of True Confessions, I think you'd find that you were not alone in perhaps, um, bending the "no erasers, no do overs" Diva rules.Your waiting partner at the doctor's office is right,your Skye tile is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Suzanne. I approach the waiting part with greater anticipation for some serious...who me? serious? HA! I do get to share the experience with fellow patients and some have come to anticipate my latest projects. One went so far to see if Zentangle would be her thing, but she went with a new puppy instead. Crazy, huh?! Have fun at the shore, c

      Delete
  7. Oh I love your Skye tile. Very unique and creative! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tangles and inchie. Love the blankets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. I'm glad you could stop by! c

      Delete