Friday, December 12, 2014

On the Upswing

Where's the time go? WOW!
The time vampires have really made inroads into my house. Some traveling kept me from home, but then catching the mightiest of flu bugs really leveled me for a few days. I'm feeling better, but whatever this is, you DON'T want to get it.
I'll just stay over here.
I'm playing catch-up in so many ways. And holiday decorating? Baking? Greetings? Are you kidding me?!
As they say in the land of my birth, "Fuggedabboudit!" More on that later.
I'll start with some random "stuff," then move along to some holiday inspired artwork.
First up, a random number selected string with an emphasis on water-related tangles:
Fifty Percent Chance of Rain

Next up, a design I doodled en route to Philadelphia. I had a little note pad stashed and this is what I did. I was going to leave it for the next passenger, but I left another instead.


The object was to visit sleeping man's parents as they are 88 and infirm. Better now than later was the mantra. Got to see his sister and his brothers and their wives and adult children. We spent some time revisiting areas of our youth that I've not seen in, ahem, 35 or even more years. Nothing looked familiar; it was very disconcerting.  And EVERYONE looked and sounded like extras from "The Jersey Shore" reality show. 
When did THAT happen?
Then this germ kicked in and I might as well have been on Mars.
A friend suggested taking Oscillococcinum by Boiron to combat this thing and WOW! This stuff is amazing. 

Now that I'm back home for a bit, I feel almost my normally deranged self again, ready to tackle some of those challenges that have piled up, and they all seem holiday related. 
This week's IAST:
And last:
Festive
And if you do the Diva Challenge, too, you're having fun with Arukas. Maybe? I don't know yet if it behaves well with others. This was my first and so far, only, stab at the new tangle.


Last but least of the yuletide artwork, my twinchie for "Santa." 


There's still my Inchie to do from Monday (and I know already that I'm a little left of center on that one, per usual) and a couple Monday Mandalas to do before, well, another Monday comes along! And I want to thank everyone who commented on my Malibu Ken post; I guess I gave a lot of people something to chuckle about!

Tomorrow's forecast says, "Fifty percent chance of rain!" Funny, that!

10 comments:

  1. So sorry you have not been feeling well. Bad time of the year for that! You still managed to do some fun tangling. I love the Christmas ball, so great for a holiday card, and your Arukas is lovely; I played with a star idea too. If you have time to experiment with it more, you'll find tons of use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jean for your lovely thoughts. I appreciate it. Yeah, wrong time of year for this is right! ANY time is bad enough. And I'll be sure to try Arukas some more. Maybe in between the cards and cookies! Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful drawing! That Arukas is gorgeous! Love that vintage Santa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zoe! I thought I did pretty good for just the first time out on A ruckus, er...arukas...I am pleased you like it so. And the Santa; I spent way too much time mucking around the Internet looking for a decent man (oh, hilarity!). Some of them look mean; one guy looked weary from carrying his cache of toys. Who wouldn't be lugging that stuff around AND a big pine tree, too.
      Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  4. beautiful artwork - love your star arukas and the festive offerings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much appreciated, Kia! Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  5. Ouch. I'm glad I had a flu shot----although I hear it's only about 40% effective this year. I hope you keep feeling better. The flu can be really bad news. I found you via the Diva's weekly challenge. So far, I'm limiting myself to just that challenge or I'm afraid I wouldn't accomplish much else. I also did my first arukas for my challenge response, but now I find I have arukas on the brain.They keep sneaking into everything. I live in Philadelphia---born and raised here. I went away to college, said I'd never come back, but guess what...? It's not my childhood Philadelphia---a much more happening place. I even did a blog post about it this week. If you don't mind me sharing it: http://www.boomeresque.com/yo-you-should-visit-philadelphia-during-the-winter-holiday-season/ Maybe you should come back. I see you're also a quilter. We had the chance to spend last winter in Hawaii (a good idea it turned out as Philly had it's worst winter in years) and I attended the Hawaii Quilt Guild show. It was wonderful: http://www.boomeresque.com/hawaii-quilt-guild-show-e-hoonanea-i-ka-mili-kapa/ Tangle on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne for the posts to check out, I'll find out what I missed on that side of the Delaware. I know I miss the Wanamaker's light display and the Santa's Village at one of the other big department stores. We mostly were in South Jersey for this visit.
      Have a brilliant day! And hi to "Mr. Excitement." c

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel better by now! You did a lot of beautiful tangling and Arukas on the black paper is great. Thanks for you (dutch!) comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heel erg bedankt, Annemarie ! Blij dat je graag mijn interpretaties . Tot zover de kiemen winnen , vrees ik . Hebben een schitterende dag ! c

      Delete