Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Inchies, Zinchies and Twinchies!

I want to thank every one of you that visited last week and especially all of you who put in a good word with the BIG GUY UPSTAIRS, or however you see all that. For whatever you put forth for my brother and son, I'm grateful. They both have lived to tell their tales and are returning to their regularly scheduled programming. THANK YOU.
Where does the time go? Days have been vaporizing and I don't see how. The days are longer, sunnier. Hmm, that may be it right there--I'm spending more time outside enjoying the very fine weather, gardening. I planted some grapes yesterday in hopes of some fruit three years from now. I have to tend to the fruit trees I have now so I have citrus next year...
Which brings me to this: I started a new blog, a challenge to myself, and if you wish to participate, please join in the fun. I hope it's fun. I felt compelled to have a Twinchie challenge as I really like the parameters. Thus, Two by Two by Tuesday has been born. Please check it out!
Meanwhile, I've been trying to keep up with all those other things I dabble in. Here goes!

Nailed it!

For this week's Inchie, I was all over the place. First I wanted to do a test paper with a giant A+ on it. Then, I was thinking of a fancy manicure but my nails are happily grimy from digging in the yard. THAT wasn't going to be very pretty.
And while I'm not a huge fan, it's March Madness, 24/7 college basketball, so this fits the bill for "Nail."





Last week's Inchie was "Egyptian." I peeked at everyone else's responses and they were all very cool. Serendipitously, there was a news release on a new tomb unearthed at Luxor last week. I thought the images were beautiful and this flower is representative of one of the art walls. Broke out the Spectrum markers on Canson paper for this one.






I have some more Zinchies, including some new patterns I'm working on (if you know of their existence already, please advise, so I can correct them).


I found On Target by Banar on her Flickr feed. Her Zentangle art has a lot of pizazz and contrast. I created what I think is a new one that I've tentatively called "About It," as in it has an aura...about it. The last one, I don't know... There must be somebody in the Weird Wide Web that surely has something just like it already? It's hard to know, there are so many people making this kind of art!
From here I'm working on my first post for my self-proclaimed challenge. The mot du jour is: Trees. Abres. Bomen. Baume. Please check it out!

10 comments:

  1. I will definitely check out the new blog but I will try to be careful as I have a habit of killing plants by looking at them. My Mom wont even let me water her plants LOL. I do love your take on the theme. Great work and I love the Egyptian flower as well. great work on the zinchies as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the dubious honor of being called "Compost Queen." I guess I need to start yet another blog for growing things!Until then, start with an orchid. Just remember to mostly NOT water it. I can't keep them forever as the house gets too hot in summer for them, and too dry. But I digress.
      Thank you, Freebird for your kindnesses! Have a brilliant day, c

      Delete
  2. Your zinchies are always a favourite. Fantastic thinking on the digital 'nail' inchie! And what a gorgeous find in Luxor (thanks for sharing, btw); your inchie is great representation of the colours they unearthed there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe! You never know from where inspiration may come and it was so timely. To find that after so much time and the art is still fairly intact, which is awesome. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  3. Your nail-inchie is so clever, what a good idea ;-) And you egyptian-inchie looks beautiful. I like the idea with your zinchies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my ideas, Sandra! Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  4. love your inchies - nail it is very appropriate to the season and the Egyptian one is just gorgeous. Love the idea of a twinchie challenge. I'll see if I can participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kia. Every once in a while inspiration comes out of the blue and takes you in directions you didn't imagine when you started. I hope you get a chance to try the new challenge. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  5. Wonderful inchies! Great idea for the nail inchie. Your Egyptian flower inchie and zinchies are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, Heather. Thanks for taking the time to view my work and deeming it worthy of comment. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete