Wednesday, August 13, 2014

And then the sun came out

Last night the skies opened up and poured rain. And then it rained some more. And then, well, more rain. That's how it goes in Phoenix; we don't get much rain, but when we do, it's in torrents. This was the first real storm we've had at our house and it was exceptional. The water rose to about a foot (30 cm) as is evidenced by the flotsam and jetsam that found its way onto the patio furniture , the wheels on the cars, the yard refuse piled up against the fences. It looks like I own beachfront property out there. The water found it's way into the house from beneath and above. So there's work to do outside and in.
But first, some meditations. Images of plaids danced through my head and meandered onto paper this morning.
The first one was just a rendition of yards of fabric and the second I called Scottish Sunrise. The plaids almost demand to be altered and varied and manipulated, but for now, I needed simple. I should dig some fabric out of my stash and practice their patterns, but today's not the day for that. Thankfully, it has finally stopped raining. Breathe deep and tangle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment