Tuesday, January 26, 2016

It Takes a Village

I'm reading "Your Personal Renaissance," by Diane Dreher. Her suggestions sometimes veer into woo-woo territory, but it's on my to-do list to be a more centered, a more complete me. The current chapter is about adding creativity to my life and I'm kind of full-up right now. I'm at the "Big White Tents" surrounded by amazing artwork every day I'm there and I am a self-supporting artist.
But I do want to try to tackle the art challenges more thoroughly and in various forms and add more art to my life, not just the work-related stuff.

First up, EIM; the word for the week is, "village." I know the reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I peeked at some of the other ladies and their work. Cute little buildings in cute little villages. Uh, nope, not working for me.

READY?!

I just HAD to tackle it this way!

Next would be the Two by Two for the week. My response to the challenge was this collage piece:


I don't know how many solicitations I get every week to spend my money or for credit card applications. So I took some of those goodies the mailman brought and added a moth sticker, as in my wallet has not much more than moths floating out of it. (Nope, didn't win that massive lottery week before last, did you?).

For the Diva, I picked up a string I drew four months ago but did nothing with. This is 100 as a string:


A tad too minimalist, but I think I'm channeling the precepts if not the efforts. I'm going to try re- doing "Nymph," using my Zentangle gift to the world. You can, too, by checking out this post.

In other news, we're almost done the dining room, except for the flooring which we haven't picked out yet. We're moving right along, having ordered up a gas stove and microwave. It's going to mean we're out of a dishwasher for a bit as we're doing a total rearrangement of the kitchen proper.

It's so wonderful to have a plumber in the family. Just so long as he's not a Village People plumber.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to check out what all those talented folks are doing at those other challenges. Feel free to poke around and try your hand, too, at making some art!

Have a brilliant day!

13 comments:

  1. I'll comment on your Diva challenge piece since that's the one I also did. I don't think it's too minimalist at all. Knowing when to stop is also an art. It also operates on several planes which makes it very interesting. It may look simple at first glance, but there is so much more there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love that challenge tile!!!! Succes with the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the works this week. Funny thing is (if I can just find time to get to it)I also thought of the village people when I designed my inchie. I will have to work on it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Ha, I had to laugh at your response to village. Love your diva tile because I like the way half of your top black pearl becomes a shadow over the edge. It's not too bad being without a dishwasher, especially if your kitchen is upside down because you will only be cooking the basics and not creating too much washing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too cute! Love your inchie :-D One gorgeous twinchie and one gorgeous tile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea of using the village people!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your village people inchie - check out mine - similar idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautyful tile for the diva challenge. I also love your twinchie. The idea of a collage is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the inchie and the diva tile is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea for your inchie this week

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really wanted to do the Village People, but knew I couldn't draw them. (I know, no rules, but I do have my own rules LOL!) I do like your minimalistic tangle a lot!

    ReplyDelete